About the ATA
The Alternative Technology Association (ATA) is a not-for-profit organisation that exists to connect, inspire and assist people to make sustainable choices in their homes and communities. Established in 1980, the ATA provides expert, independent advice on sustainable solutions for the home to households, government and industry.
The ATA has more than 5000 members across Australia walking the talk in their own homes. We have helped thousands of households save money and reduce their environmental footprint with information on energy efficiency, solar power, rainwater tanks, materials reuse and waste.
Join the ATA
Become a member of the ATA, gain access to a large support network of knowledgeable people and receive a range of privileges to help you achieve your sustainability dreams:
- Free Advice Service, provided by the ATA’s experienced advisors, to answer all your sustainable living questions from solar installation to greywater gardening.
- Free online library with thousands of articles on sustainable living from ReNew and Sanctuary magazines.
- Discounts on items in the ATA webshop and on a range of sustainable products and services.
- Quarterly issues of either or both of our magazines, ReNew and Sanctuary
- Updates on the ATA’s local, national and international projects.